Requesting Drug/Alcohol Test Results

Click on the PDF symbol to download the HRIP Act (NSW) request for records form. 

Drug and alcohol testing is a safety service, not a health service. Regardless, for privacy and security reasons, NRDAT considers all records relating to drug/alcohol testing or pathology services to contain health and/or personal information with regards to the definitions under the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 [NSW]. For this reason, any person applying for records must download and complete the form to the left. Forms may be signed electronically or by hand.


Additionally, in accordance with Section 31(2)(a) of the act, you must provide the following documents;

  • An Australian Drivers Licence or proof of age card that is not expired or,

  • An Australian Passport that has not been expired more than 2 years or,

  • An Australian Birth Certificate (not commemorative or extract) along with at least 1 of the following;
    Australian Police ID (not expired)
    Australian Defence Force ID (other than a civilian or expired ID)
    Australian Security Licence (not expired)
    Membership card from a recognised professional body (card must contain a photo of you and be in date).
    Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and/or Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
    Australian Diver Accreditation Scheme (ADAS) card (Level 1 - 4, Supervisor, Police etc. In date).

If you do not hold any of the above documents, please call me on 0459 944 016 and I will discuss other acceptable documents.

Please note, unless marked urgent the legislation permits up to 45 days to consider and respond to a request. If marked urgent, I will action it within seven (7) days.